Wednesday 27 January 2021

燒香磨砵靜心

 ...One of my favourite pastime recently.



Rubbing the Tibetan singing bowl as a practice to quiet the mind, with an ancient means of timing the practice—burning incense.
Bringing Senses(except that of taste) at this moment: gazing the dancing smoke, smelling the fragrances of sandalwood, feeling the vibration in my hand and hearing the sound.
I’m the performer enjoying the performance at the same time.
I catch myself when I lose focus, when my mind wandering around. The abrupt tone deviate from the smooth low pitch sound, I swiftly come back, adjust how much effort I should use to press the mallet against the bowl.
Hardly can I practice this in a robotic manner, my full presence is constantly needed to redirecting attention back to here and now.
I also challenge myself by rubbing the bowl with left hand holding the mallet in anti-clockwise directions.
It’s so much fun, feels like my left and right side of the brain are in battle, heating up or cooling down here or there, little bit of itching pain come and go.🤪





以均等的力度持木槌磨頌砵藏外緣是有助使心靈平靜的練習,我喜愛燃燒香火享受這一柱香的時光。

此時此刻的感官(味覺除外):凝視著舞動的煙霧,聞到檀香的香味,感覺到我的手的振動並聽到聲音。

我是表演者,同時欣賞表演。

突然的音調偏離了平穩的低音,我迅速察覺自己分心了,馬上回到當下,調整將槌槌壓在碗上的力度。


用左手沿逆時針方向握著槌的方式摩擦碗來挑戰自己。

手腦協調大挑戰!